James F. Donovan D.P.M.
He received his undergraduate degree in Biology from Villanova University in 1979. He received his Doctor of Podiatric Medicine degree in 1983 from the Pennsylvania College of Podiatric Medicine. He completed his podiatric surgical residency at the Osteopathic Medical Center of Philadelphia in 1984 as Chief Resident.
The doctor has been practicing in Toms River, NJ for 27 years. His family lives locally and he has been active in many local affiliations. He was a Toms River Little League coach for 10 years. He has given a number of lectures concerning podiatry to different organizations and clubs.
As an active marathon runner he has come to understand many ailments related to the lower extremities. His first hand experience with injuries has led him to specialize with runners and athletes. He ran his first marathon at the age of 53, and is currently running two races per year. His passion is teaching his patients the latest and most revolutionary concepts and techniques regarding MINIMALIST RUNNING.
He has taken on the established medical core with his controversial philosophy and modern approach to midfoot and forefoot running. He has become a "guru" when it comes to the latest footgear reflecting this type of evolutionary running. He reviews sneakers and shoes daily with his many sports medicine patients. More importantly he has helped many to achieve their goals without injury.
- Friendly, accommodating staff, same office for over 30 years.
- Terry, Diane, Donna, Robin, Sharon and Matthew combine for over 80 years of experience
- Prompt scheduling, same day appointments available
- Certified podiatric medical assistants, LPN
- Fully computerized and electronic insurance claim submission for patient convenience
- Patient education is our first responsibility
- Digital X-rays done in office